Website WEG Commercial Motors
BUYER AND LOGISTICS SPECIALIST
WEG Commercial Motors has a rich history in the design and manufacture of fractional horsepower electric motors. WEG Commercial Motors is part of WEG Electric USA, with corporate offices located in Duluth, Georgia. WEG Commercial Motors has earned an industry leading reputation by solving the toughest motor application issues with premier quality products – delivered on time. WEG Commercial Motors concentrates on customer’s needs and exceeding their expectations. WEG focuses on the design and development of custom-engineered, technically advance motors-the very best application specific motors available in the industry today.
The Buyer is responsible for the purchase of raw materials and services in support of the manufacturing operation.
Coordinate the shipping process for machines, tooling, and international shipments
Employees in this position should be adaptable, enthusiastic for change and data oriented. Communication skills and self-direction are required, as is a high commitment to Cost and Inventory management.
Experience and Skills:
- Full understanding of purchasing procedures for raw materials.
- Understands concept of total product cost.
- Purchase to control inventory
- Familiar with lean concepts and Kanban
- Contract negotiation skills
- Demonstrates effective written and verbal communication skills, including interaction with external suppliers.
- Capable of working with windows based PC’s and Microsoft office tools (Word, Power Point, Excel) including outlook.
- Familiar with MRP systems.
- Familiar with UL and ISO-9000 standards
- Familiar with Lean philosophy
- Understanding of domestic and foreign shipment terminology including customs experience
- Demonstrate a high degree of personal and professional ethics and integrity. Requires self-direction and a clear, courteous manner when dealing with internal and external customers.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Meet company goals and objectives.
- Good communication
- Responsible for buying materials, parts and supplies in a cost effective and timely manner while maintaining appropriate quality standards and specifications.
- Discuss defective parts with users, vendors and customers. This would include resolution of rejections.
- Communicate with vendors for rejection resolution to quality issues.
- Prepare purchase requisitions, approve and issue purchase orders for items.
- Order materials and services per negotiated contracts.
- Review quotations for best overall costs.
- Build relationships with key suppliers.
- Work to improve quality and lower cost of purchased items
- Interface with the finance department to ensure timely and accurate payment of invoices as necessary.
- Structure purchasing practices to insure proper inventory levels.
- Proper utilization of purchasing tools to minimize overall cost of purchasing parts.
- Produce documents for international shipments, including Bill of lading, Packing list, shipper’s letter of instruction and the commercial invoice.
- Coordinate the shipping process for machines, tooling, and international shipments.
- Receiving operator back-up
- Shipping operator back-up
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain management or equivalent degree
EXPERIENCE: 3 – 5 years’ work experience in purchasing, inventory control, and similar fields will be considered in lieu of degree
Logistics experience is a plus
SAP experience is a plus
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.weg-cm.com →