Christian Care Retirement Community
Christian Care Retirement Community
Position: Activity Assistant
Reports to: Activities Director
Supervises: N/A _______________________________________________________________________
Scope of Position:
The overall purpose of the Activity Assistant position is to perform day to day activities in accordance with local, state and federal standards, guidelines, regulations and facility policies as directed by the Activity Director to assure a quality activity program is provided on a daily basis.
- Possess a Certified Nursing Assistant certification within 6 months of hire.
- High school education or equivalent is preferred.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language.
- Demonstrate interests and/or knowledge in activity programming for the ill, disabled and/or elderly residents.
- Possess the ability to deal tactfully with residents, family members, visitors, personnel, government agencies and the public.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition, and enthusiasm, be very dependable and be a self-starter.
- Announce and carry-out planned activity programs on time for each assigned area
- Provide one-to-one activities to all applicable residents on their scheduled day; additional activities may be offered on an unscheduled day if free time occurs.
- Invite and motivate residents to participate in planned activities using appropriate motivational techniques.
- Initiate unscheduled activities such as short stories, service projects, word games, puzzles, dominos, etc.
- Complete documentation including daily participation sheets, assessments, progress notes, and/or care plans for all activities performed and one-to-one visits.
- Assure that all activity procedures are followed in accordance with established policies.
- Follow established departmental policies and procedures including dress code.
- Assist in developing a written plan of care for each resident that identifies the problem(s) and/or need(s) of the residents when requested by Activity Director.
- Attend resident and family council meetings when invited.
- Report all concerns and/or complaints made by a resident or their family members to the Activity Director or Administrator.
- Attend activity staff meetings scheduled to assist in identifying and correcting problem areas and/or the improvement of service.
- Comply with work assignments to expedite work.
- Must maintain equipment and supplies in good order. Prepare materials and supplies needed for daily programs. Must notify the Activity Director when repairs are needed and at least 48-hour advance notice when materials or supplies are needed for a scheduled activity.
- Maintain the following records:
- Resident daily activity participation in Care Tracker kiosk
- One to one response forms
- Sensory Stimulation response records
- Must know all residents assigned and meet their needs through planned activities in group or individual settings or at bedside.
- Assist with departmental housekeeping duties, including but not limited to, cleaning activity room, properly putting away supplies at the end of each day, maintaining activity carts and assist Activity Director with other specialty rooms related to activities.
- Identifies and reports unsafe work conditions and safety hazards.
- Has reviewed and understands the facility’s Policies and Procedures for Abuse Prevention and knows the employee’s responsibility to enforce it.
- Performs other reasonably related tasks as assigned.
- Attend in-service and educational on the job training programs as directed.
- Maintain the confidentiality of resident information.
- Honor the resident’s personal and property rights
- Knock before entering resident’s room.
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday
- Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional stability
- May be required to lift equipment and occasionally move furniture
- The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to stand and walk. Occasionally required to sit, use hands and/or fingers, reach with arms and hands, talk, hear, taste, smell and lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and peripheral vision and depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents.
- Must function independently, have work flexibility, personal integrity and the ability to work effectively and harmoniously with residents, family members, and co-workers in a person centered care environment.
- Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, emotionally upset, and at times, hostile people.
- Ability to communicate in English via telephone, in writing and verbally in conversation with different levels of staff, residents and their families and any outside customers.
- Ability to utilize a computer, phone, ect .
- Ability to function as a Team Leader/Role Model
Is subject to exposure of infectious waste and diseases, including, but not limited to the AIDS (HIV) and Hepatitis B viruses
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to blood or other body fluids, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Description Review:
I understand the job description, its requirements, and that I am expected to complete all duties as assigned. I understand that job duties may be altered from these duties. I have noted below any accommodation that are required to enable me to perform these duties. I further understand that my employment is at-will and thereby understand that my employment can be terminated at-will by the facility or myself and that such termination can be made with or without notice.
Employee’s Signature Date
Supervisor’s Signature Date 9/2008, 5/2020
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org