Christian Care Retirement Community
Christian Care Retirement Community
Reports to: DON
Scope of Position:
The primary purpose of this position is to provide direct nursing care for residents by preforming nursing duties, coordinating resident care, and consulting with team member and care givers on resident care issues.
- Valid Indiana RN or LPN license from accredited college of nursing.
- Obtain a CPR and First Aid certified within three to six months of hire.
- Must possess the ability to communicate effectively and deal tactfully with residents, family members, visitors, and the general public.
- Must possess the ability to work with others and display patience, tact, enthusiasm and a cheerful disposition.
- Must have the ability to work with minimal supervision and have strong organizational skills.
- Must display attention to detail and ability to set priorities and schedule time to meet deadlines in spite of interruption
- Must display high level of accuracy and maintain confidentiality.
- Must possess proficient computer skills
- Be punctual and dependent for assigned shifts.
- Make regular rounds to assigned work areas to assess condition of all residents.
- Report all pertinent issues to the nurse reasonable on the next shift.
- Supervise the care of residents in his/her designated area, listen to resident comments relating to their needs and problems, and implement required nursing interventions.
- Review resident health recorders to determine appropriate interventions necessary.
- Prepare and administer medications and treatments as order by the physician.
- Make rounds monthly and as needed.
- Notify the physician of resident status changes via telephone or fax.
- Inform resident and POA of changes in the resident condition and any new orders received from physician.
- Actually transcribe and implement physician orders.
- Complete required in and accurate, legible, and timely manor.
- Contact pharmacy to obtain prescriptions and refills and in accordance with physicians orders. Restock medication carts each shift and maintain cart in sanitary condition.
- Count and check all narcotics at the beginning and end of each shift with oncoming nurse.
- Execute the destruction of out dated and discontinued medication per policy.
- Inform the DON of significant resident status changes and other related matters thru verbal communication.
- Thoroughly document and investigate all employee, resident, or visitor intendents or accidents and all medication errors.
- Be courteous and respectful to resident, family, visitors, and coworkers. Address resident by their preferred names. Respond to resident/family concerns regarding care when needed or refer them to responsible staff member.
- Be thoroughly familiar with facility policy and procedures and implement as written.
- Keep other departments informed of special needs of residents.
- Observe the environment or conditions of cleanliness, sanitation, safety and overall appearance and report any adverse findings to the appropriate staff member for further action.
- Participate in-service education and orientation.
- Preform other duty dictated by resident care needs or as requested by the DON to assure the optimum quality is delivered.
- Obtain lab tests such as urine, sputum, stool, and blood draws as needed.
- Insure your assigned nurse aides are aware of residents changes and needs on your shift and hall.
- Attends in-service, educational, and on-the-job training programs as directed.
- Attends continuing education required for maintenance of any professional certification or licensure.
- Maintain the confidentiality of resident information.
- Honor the residents personal and property rights.
- Knock before entering resident’s room.
- Ability to communicate in English via telephone, in writing and verbally in conversation with different levels of staff, residents and their families and any outside visitors.
- The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to sit, stand, bend, and walk.
- May be required to lift, push, pull and/or move equipment, supplies, etc., in excess of 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and peripheral vision and depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to utilize a computer, phone, etc.
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents.
- Consistent and regular attendance. May be required to work weekends, holidays, or other shifts.
- Is subject to exposure of infectious waste and diseases, including, but not limited to the AIDS (HIV) and Hepatitis B viruses
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to blood or other body fluids, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Description Review:
I understand the job description, its requirements, and that I am expected to complete all duties as assigned. I understand that job duties may be altered from these duties. I have noted below any accommodation that are required to enable me to perform these duties. I further understand that my employment is at-will and thereby understand that my employment can be terminated at-will by the facility or myself and that such termination can be made with or without notice.
Employee’s Signature Date
Human Resources Date
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com