Website Peyton's Northern Distribution Center
At Kroger, we are looking for talented and engaged individuals with a passion to Feed the Human Spirit. We need individuals who will share in our goal to being friendly and caring, and to make sure that everything we do is Fresh for Everyone in our communities. Our employees are leaders who are committed to personifying Our Promise of Everyone Friendly and Caring, Everything Fresh, to Uplift in Every Way and to Improve Every Day.
The Peyton’s Northern Distribution Center, is a proud member of the nation-wide Kroger Family of Companies. We are currently looking for a Battery Attendant/Technician – 2nd Shift – to become a part of our Team. Peyton’s Northern Distribution Center is located in Bluffton Indiana. We are proud to be Wells County’s largest employer.
Why you’ll love working with us:
- Competitive Wages
- Excellent health benefit package
- 401k/Roth Options
- Paid time off (vacation, holidays, health & wellness days, and personal days)
- Paid sick leave
- Employee discounts at Kroger and Kroger Banner stores
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts with cell phone providers, computer companies, travel organizations and more!
- Advancement potential in a fast-growing industry. Come for a job. Stay for a career
Keep material handling equipment clean, operational, and batteries charged at all times. Perform preventative maintenance and minor repairs on battery cables and connector. Troubleshoot and investigates equipment/battery malfunctions.
The company also requires that all employees perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws. Role model and demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Starting Wage: $16.10 – $16.86
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform preventative maintenance on material handling equipment batteries
- Repair minor cable and connector damage
- Maintain batteries and ensure that they are charged at all times and in working condition
- Keep work area clean at all times
- Maintain flexibility to work any shift, including overtime, weekends, nights and holidays
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents, manuals and instructions
- Equipment maintenance experience
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve equipment malfunctions
- Ability to operate special equipment, machinery and/or tools including forklift, electric cart, manual lift, as well as basic and power tools
- Time management skills, ability to meet deadlines and productivity expectations
- Effective communication with a diverse population
- Minimum 18 years of age
Desired Previous Job Experience
- High school education or general education degree (GED) plus six months experience in mechanical field or equivalent combination or education and experience
- Limited Maintenance Industrial license
To apply for this job please visit jobs.kroger.com.