Christian Care Retirement Community
Christian Care Nurse Aide Program
Expectations & Requirements
This program requires a minimum of 30hrs classroom instruction followed by 75hrs of clinical experience on the floor. Completion of both parts is required in order to be eligible for certification through the state board of health.
All students will complete, in this order, classroom, orientation and clinical hours to receive exam date.
After completion of classroom hours, our anticipation is to hire passing students to become part of our team. Once hired general orientation must be accomplished before clinical hours can begin. An hourly wage of $7.25 until the 75hrs of clinical’s are successfully completed. Once completed the rate increases to $9.50 after certification wage increases to $11.75.
- Please arrive on time.
- There are NO make-up days for absences in the classroom portion.
- Respect your instructor and classmates. Electronic devices are not to be used except during breaks. Disruptive behavior, sleeping during class, tardiness when returning from breaks may result in removal from class.
- Students are required to complete all assignments and homework during the classroom portion of the program. Failure to complete assignments may result in removal from the program.
- A final cumulative exam will be given at the end of the classroom portion of the program. Participants who do not achieve a minimum score of 80% may not be allowed to advance to the clinical portion of the program, at the instructor’s discretion.
- Attire for the classroom portion of the program is casual but no offensive logos or revealing clothing. Visual tattoos must be covered, hair needs to be natural and neutral in color.
- All CCRC’s materials need to be neatly stored in the proper location. Learning material can be checked out per instructor.
- Attire for the clinical experience is per CCRC policy; scrubs, scrub jackets, tennis shoes, etc.
- Program participants will practice certain non-invasive care procedures on each other, such as lifting, transferring, positioning, feeding, and grooming.
- Students are responsible for maintaining documentation of their clinical hours, experience, and RCPs.
- Questions regarding scheduling of clinical hours should be directed to Deb Dove, Nursing Operations Manager.
- The class fee of $125.00 is non-refundable and can be paid via cash, check or once student is hired, withdrawn from your first two paychecks.
- Christian Care will pay for your first exam fee of $75.00 dollars but if for any reason the exam must be retaken the student will pay the additional fees.
- From orientation date each student has 120 days, with-in Christian Care, to successfully pass both written and skills state exam.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com