Cancer Services of Northeast Indiana
Cancer Services of Northeast Indiana is seeking a full-time Client Advocate to provide psychosocial services to our clients and their families. CSNI maintains an exceptional, client-driven culture designed to meet the individual needs of the whole person and family while building a community of support. The Client Advocates are central to our mission and work closely as a team to provide seamless service, access to resources, and profoundly meaningful support.
Report to: Director of Clinical Services
- Assess client needs, utilize agency resources to meet needs, and/or refer to appropriate resources
- Provide personal and emotional support to clients and their families
- If credentialed, provide formal counseling to clients and families for cancer-related psychosocial issues
- Educate clients on programs and services of the agency, and encourage their participation
- Oversee dispensing of tangible goods and accessing services over the course of the cancer experience
- Provide periodic, designated follow up with clients
- Accurately document all contacts with clients/family and services provided to them
- Acquire and maintain working knowledge of referral agencies and resources
- Acquire / maintain working knowledge of public and private health insurance guidelines
- Acquire / maintain working knowledge of cancer, treatments, side effects and the needs of people with cancer
- Make occasional home/hospital/treatment center visits
- Maintain confidentiality
Skills & Abilities:
- Comfort working with people of diverse backgrounds including socioeconomic, racial/ethnic, religious, sexual orientation, gender identity, ability, and national origin.
- Excellent active listening and interpersonal skills
- Well-developed ability to sit with people’s pain and provide compassionate attentiveness
- Ability to work well with and contribute to a strong team environment
- Ability to develop strong working partnerships with community professionals
- Ability to tolerate and adapt to frequent interruptions and requests; comfort with ambiguity
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent boundaries and self-care strategies
- Comfort with use of technology, electronic record-keeping, and experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in social work with license or pursuit of license preferred; experience with issues of chronic illness or end-of-life preferred. Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in related field, with experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities will also be considered. Cancer Services seeks to be an inclusive employer and encourages resumes and applications from people of diverse backgrounds. To apply for this position, please email cover letter and resume to Marsha Haffner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com