Christian Care Retirement Community
Christian Care Retirement Community
Position: Certified Nursing Assistant
Reports to: Director of Nursing
Scope of Position:
The primary purpose of a CNA is to assist residents of Christian Care with their daily activities of living while providing care consisting of patience, safety, and integrity while appropriately responding to resident’s needs.
Provide resident centered care and reports any changes in resident’s status to the supervising RN or LPN to ensure resident comfort and safety.
- Must possess the ability to communicate effectively and deal tactfully with residents, family members, visitors, and the general public.
- Valid Indiana CNA license.
- Must possess the ability to work with others and display patience, tact, enthusiasm and a cheerful disposition.
- Must display high level of accuracy and maintain confidentiality.
- Must possess proficient computer skills
1. Answers residents call lights in a timely manner.
2. Assist residents with personal hygiene, transferring and walking, eating, and any aspect of daily living that may require assistance.
- Maintains a positive attitude towards residents and staff to ensure dignity and quality of life.
- Listen to shift change reports and receive daily assignments.
- Accountable and responsible for each specific residents care assigned while under direct supervision.
- Punctual and dependent for all assigned shifts.
- Comply with all facility policy and procedures.
- Inputs of all charting must be completed accurately before clocking out for the shift.
- Keep residents rooms orderly.
- Position bedfast residents in correct and comfortable position every two or as needed.
- Assist with residents who are dying.
- Make sure residents clothing is clean though out your shift.
- Reports damaged or unsafe equipment to nurse.
- Performs all work in safe manner and uses lifts necessary.
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Attends in-service, educational, and on-the-job training programs as directed.
- Attends continuing education required for maintenance of any professional certification or licensure.
- Maintain the confidentiality of resident information.
- Honor the resident’s personal and property rights.
- Knock before entering resident’s room.
- The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to sit, stand, bend, and walk.
- May be required to lift, push, pull and/or move equipment, supplies, etc., in excess of 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and peripheral vision and depth perception and ability to adjust focus..
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents.
- Consistent and regular attendance. May be required to work weekends, holidays, or other shifts.
- Must function independently, have work flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively and harmoniously with residents, family members and co-workers in a person centered care environment.
- Ability to communicate in English via telephone, in writing and verbally in conversation with different levels of staff, residents and their families and any outside customers.
- Ability to utilize a computer, phone, etc.
Is subject to exposure of infectious waste and diseases, including, but not limited to the AIDS (HIV) and Hepatitis B viruses
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to blood or other body fluids, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Description Review:
I understand the job description, its requirements, and that I am expected to complete all duties as assigned. I understand that job duties may be altered from these duties. I have noted below any accommodation that are required to enable me to perform these duties. I further understand that my employment is at-will and thereby understand that my employment can be terminated at-will by the facility or myself and that such termination can be made with or without notice.
Employee’s Signature Date
Human Resources Date
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com