Website Junior Achievement of Northern Indiana
Junior Achievement is hiring a Development Manager.
We are seeking a self-motivated person who can fundraise, organize, and plan events, and partner with community leaders. The primary duties of the Development Manager are to manage JA boards and their budgets in the assigned counties of Decatur/Monroe, Grant, Huntington, South Adams, and Wells. This position, along with the program manager, will represent the local JA operation and ensure quality service to schools, donors, and boards of directors in order to meet organizational goals. This position will report to the Director of Development in the East Unit. This is a full-time position.
- Lead and inspire a Board of Directors in each county to build a sustainable and growing funding model to meet future needs.
- Maintain, develop & build Board of Directors. Recruit a diverse and qualified board or advisory committee that represents a variety of industry in the county.
- Prepare reports for Board and Committee meetings.
- Manage all events and logistics with boards of directors.
- Assist programming staff to identify growth.
- Manage Annual Campaign and Partnership process.
- Research and identify past and new corporate, foundation and individual interests to fund the assigned programs.
- Write and manage grants.
- Provide follow up and report back information to funders and implement a stewardship strategy.
- Prepare and manage the budge goals and pledges in the Development Report.
- Self-motivated, with high level of energy
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving and reasoning
- Leadership qualities and can work independently
- Manage social media presence with boards
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Ability to meet people and build rapport easily
- Ability to discover new opportunities for funding
- Ability to organize many tasks at once
- Ability to set and achieve goals
Education and Work Experience:
- B.A. or B.S. preferred
- Sales or marketing experience preferred
Please email cover letter with resume to Nora Schwartz. You can also reach out to ask questions about the position.
Junior Achievement of Northern Indiana
Nora.Schwartz@ja.org Cell: 260-573-9318
JANI.org | 550 E Wallen Rd | Fort Wayne, IN 46825
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed or to be performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
To apply for this job email your details to Nora.Schwartz@ja.org