Website Christian Care Retirement Community
Scope of Position:
The overall purpose of the PART-TIME Wait Staff position is to provide assistance in the delivery of dining services. Incumbents may prepare and/or serve food items, set up tables and trays, wash tableware and cooking utensils, perform general cleaning tasks and deliver soiled linen, etc to laundry. This would be a great opportunity for high school students, retirees, or those looking solely for part-time hours.
- Experience in food service and using food service equipment is preferred
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language is preferred
- Serve timely, appetizing meals in accordance with established portion control procedures.
- Ensures that sanitation and quality standards are met.
- Scrapes, stacks, loads and washes dishes, tableware and utensils in dishwashing machine or by hand – according to instructions. Unloads and stores tableware and utensils.
- Sanitizes food carts and dishwashing counters after each meal and keep dishwashing area clean at all times.
- Logs and record wash/rinse temperatures.
- Neatly arranges trays and/or table setting with proper tableware, condiments and tray cards.
- Performs various food preparation tasks and assists in apportioning servings per recipe.
- Prepares and serves beverages per recipe.
- Performs cleaning tasks according to established schedules (sweep/mop floors and carry-out garbage).
- May prepare and/or deliver nourishment and supplements identified with resident name.
- Maintains, or assists in maintaining, dry storage areas by logging temperatures daily and handling the unpacking, dating and rotating of food and non-food supplies
- Delivers soiled linens to laundry
- Report all concerns and/or complaints made by a resident or their family members to the Dining Services Supervisor
- Fill orders for between-meal nourishments as assigned
- Wraps flatware and napkins as applicable
- Sets up trays for meals: placing napkin, flatware, condiments, straw and diet card on trays
- Clean and re-set dining rooms on a timely basis
- Maintains daily care of dishwasher and dishwashing area, lavatory and sink, salad worktable, dish storage cabinet and food carts.
- Sort, stack, and put away clean dishes
- Attend department staff meetings scheduled to assist in identifying and correcting problem areas and/or the improvement of service.
- Has reviewed and understands the facility’s Policies and Procedures for Abuse Prevention and knows the employee’s responsibility to enforce it.
- Performs other reasonably related tasks as assigned
- Attends in-service, educational and on-the-job training programs as directed
- Maintain the confidentiality of resident information.
- Honor the resident’s personal and property rights
- Knock before entering resident’s room.
- Ability to communicate in English via telephone, in writing and verbally in conversation with different levels of staff, residents and their families and any outside customers.
- The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to stand and walk. Occasionally required to sit, use hands and/or fingers, reach with arms and hands, talk, hear, taste, smell. and lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and peripheral vision and depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Consistent and regular attendance. May be required to work weekends, holidays, or other shifts.
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents.
- Must function independently, have work flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively and harmoniously with residents, family members, and co-workers in a person centered care environment.
- Ability to communicate with Dining Services personnel and other department personnel.
- Is subject to exposure of infectious waste and disease, including, but not limited to the AIDS (HIV) and Hepatitis B viruses.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to blood or other body fluids, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Is subject to falls, burns from equipment, odors, and interruptions throughout the work day.
To apply for this job please visit christiancarerc.org.