Website Helping Hands
Engagement Director Position Description
Purpose of Position:
The Engagement Director will create and build relationships within the community and be a champion for Helping Hands in order to recruit potential volunteers and donors. Discern area of engagement for potential volunteers. Engage and follow-up with volunteers with attention to their well-being. Engage with donors.
· Create and maintain connections with churches and businesses; communicate opportunities for their community to be involved at Helping Hands as well as financial opportunities.
· Attend different business networking events within the community to represent Helping Hands and communicate our needs and our services. These events are opportunities to recruit volunteers and engage potential donors.
· Provide quality human relations service.
· Revise and implement a volunteer packet and application.
· Interview volunteers to determine their skills and availability.
· Create and implement a Volunteer Training Curriculum.
· Connect volunteers with opportunities that fit their passions and gifts, as well as the needs of Helping Hands.
· Build relationships with volunteers.
· Revise and implement Volunteer Care Plan to care for and maintain current volunteers.
· Monitor volunteers, record, and track volunteer hours.
· Consult with staff to generate and maintain an on-going list of volunteer needs.
· Collaborate with the Executive Director to plan and execute events.
· Collaborate with the Executive Director to recognize and thank donors.
· Ability to develop and implement systems.
· The ability to assess processes and procedures and identify if they are successful.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Have the desire to build external relationships.
· Empathy for people and an understanding of their needs.
· The capacity to inspire and motivate others.
· The ability to deal with information in a confidential manner and respond with sensitivity.
· Good organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to manage a variety of tasks.
· Exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals.
· An ability to maintain records and produce clear written and oral reports.
· The ability to learn software programs, like SalesForce.
· A flexible and non-judgmental approach to people and work.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. 9am-5pm (32 hours a week)
· Must have a valid state ID
· Must submit to a background check
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org