Family Ford of Bluffton Service Writer/Parts Counter
From technician to customer, do you have what it takes to be our communication expert as our next automotive service writer? We are seeking skilled communicators who have the ability to connect with people and help them with whatever service they may need. Automotive experience is a must in this role, as you will be navigating conversations with both customers and technicians to find the best solution for whatever situation you are presented with!
As a Service writer you will be responsible for initiating automotive services and repairs by determining vehicle performance problems and service requests; verifying warranty and service contract coverage; developing estimates; writing repair orders; maintaining customer records.
• Serve as the communicator and liaison between the customer and technician; ensuring the customer’s needs are understood by the technician and the needed and recommended service/repairs are understood by the customer.
• Develop estimates by costing materials, supplies, and labor; calculating customer’s payment, including deductibles.
• Prepare repair orders (RO), obtaining approval signatures and entering RO into service database system.
• Communicate additional repair and service needs to the customer based on vehicle inspection.
• Administer the manufacturer warranty for qualifying vehicle repairs.
• Keeping customer informed of service specials, completion times and service expenses. F. A.M.I.L.Y Values
F- Faith Driven and principles.
A-Attitude that encourages courtesy and respect.
M-Mission to serve and go beyond the extra mile.
I-Identify and hire the best people.
L-Lead, so others can follow.
Y-You are family and what happens to YOU, matters to US!
Family Ford of Bluffton Is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time, Floating Position between Service & Parts
Monday through Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm Benefits:
• Medical & Dental (Benefits start the first of the month after 60 days of hire date).
• Paid Holidays & PTO
• Life Insurance
• 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer match
• Employee Discount
• Commission Pay
High school or equivalent
1+ year Automotive experience preferred but not required
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org