Website Flagstar Bank
Financial Service Representative
Bluffton (Bluffton, IN)
A sales and service position with a primary goal of helping customers by discovering financial needs and processing transactions. Financial Service Representative (FSR) will provide an outstanding customer experience by resolving customer issues, making referrals to team members, opening new accounts, and offering convenience services. FSRs will also work with partnered specialists (loan officers, financial consultants, and business bankers) to ensure our customers have access to experts who can help them achieve their financial goals. Entry level branch position. Team goals and incentives.
This entry level branch position is primarily responsible for processing transactions in the branch and will be responsible for assisting the team in meeting branch goals.
- Customer Relations/Satisfaction: Process Transactions/Customer Service. Greet customers and ask questions to determine their needs. Process financial transactions (cash and non-cash bank transactions, balance inquiries, cashier’s checks, money orders, cash advances with credit cards, etc.) in an accurate and efficient manner in accordance with operational and regulatory guidelines. Assist with customer questions and/or issues relating to their accounts. Demonstrate strong customers service skills and the ability to resolve problems and prevent customer dissatisfaction. The FSR position is one of the primary transaction positions within a branch.
- Sales: Meet and exceed sales and referral expectations by working with customers to build and deepen relationships by uncovering financial needs, and recommending the best products, services and solutions to meet those needs. Ensure the customer’s needs are met by partnering with the appropriate specialist (branch team, FC, and MLO) to serve the customer’s banking, mortgage and investment needs. This may include participation in ‘Call Nights’.
- Operations: Maintain operational standards including balancing cash drawers at the end of each shift, processing CTR reports and transactions, and opening and closing procedures of the branch. May also include ATM and vault balancing, opening and closing procedures of the branch, etc. Acquire and maintain up-to date knowledge of applicable policies, procedures, guidelines and bank operating systems.
- 6+ months cash handling experience
- 1+ year of finance, sales or customer service experience
- HS Diploma, GED or Foreign Equivalent
- Proven customer service skills and the ability to resolve problems and prevent customer dissatisfaction
- Demonstrated computer proficiency
- Desire and willingness to call on prospects and existing clients for sales opportunities.
- Strong listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to follow company policies, guidelines and procedures
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality using tact and diplomacy
- Maintain professional dress attire and demeanor
- Ability to work branch hours, including weekends and some evenings
To apply for this job please visit flagstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.