Website WEG Commercial Motors
Gear/Gearmotor Design Engineer
WEG Commercial Motors
410 E. Spring St., Bluffton, IN
has an immediate career opportunity for an:
WEG Commercial Motors is part of WEG SA, a leader in the worldwide production of electric motors. WEG supplies product into a large variety of commercial applications. We are seeking a Gear Design Engineer for our Bluffton, Indiana manufacturing facility. This role will manage projects that improve productivity, quality, cost and new gear systems. As part of the WEG team, you will interface with all levels and functions in our facility. You will be expected to manage multiple projects and deliver results in a timely fashion.
We are seeking a highly motivated, creative individual to support WEG Commercial Motors as a leader in the power transmission industry by acting as a Mechanical Engineer for our geared products who designs, develops, and tests all aspects of gears, gear motors, mechanical components, equipment, and machinery to support our current gear and electric motor products.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Applies knowledge of engineering principles to design, and analyze gears, gearing systems, electric motor mechanical components, systems, castings, rotating assemblies, etc.
- Collaborate with engineers, customers, manufacturing and other personnel to implement new design configurations, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information
- Recommend design options or modifications to optimize performance, cost and value, while meeting customer needs
- Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications
- Finite element analysis
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications
- Assist in developing the structural design of products, using 3D modeling software
- Statistical analysis for component stack-up requirements
- Provide feedback to motor design engineers on customer problems, needs, and recommend design modifications to eliminate motor malfunctions
- Component level testing for performance, durability, reliability, and variability
- Gear product component quality troubleshooting resulting in supplier corrective action
- Production support for assembly of gear product components including process and tool development to achieve equipment performance requirements
Skills and Qualifications:
- BS in mechanical engineering
- 5 years’ experience as a gear and gearbox design engineer: inline and worm gears
- Proficiency in 3D modeling and specific gear design software within a product development environment.
- Successful experience of design changes and product improvement
- Understanding of resistance of materials, surface finishes, manufacturing processes
- Action oriented and challenge driven personality
- Demonstrated experience of creating and implementing new and unique ideas/designs
- Experience using rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
- Proven success learning new industry, company, product, or technical knowledge
- Flexibility to eventual travel (domestic and international) to customers, conferences, suppliers
- MS package (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) and making written and verbal technical presentations to management and/or customers
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary will be based on experience and capabilities
To apply for this job please visit www.weg-cm.com.