Website Peyton's Northern Distribution Center
At Kroger, we are looking for talented and engaged individuals with a passion to Feed the Human Spirit. We need individuals who will share in our goal to being friendly and caring, and to make sure that everything we do is Fresh for Everyone in our communities. Our employees are leaders who are committed to personifying Our Promise of Everyone Friendly and Caring, Everything Fresh, to Uplift in Every Way and to Improve Every Day.
The Peyton’s Northern Distribution Center, is a proud member of the nation-wide Kroger Family of Companies. We are currently looking for a 1st Shift General Maintenance to become a part of our Team. Peyton’s Northern Distribution Center is located in Bluffton Indiana. We are proud to be Wells County’s largest employer.
Why you’ll love working with us :
- Competitive Wages
- Excellent health benefit package
- 401k/Roth Options
- Paid time off (vacation, holidays, health & wellness days, and personal days)
- Paid sick leave
- Employee discounts at Kroger and Kroger Banner stores
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts with cell phone providers, computer companies, travel organizations and more!
- Advancement potential in a fast-growing industry. Come for a job. Stay for a career
Responsible for maintaining and repairing equipment, buildings, and fixtures of the distribution center. Maintain lift trucks and keep them in good repair.
The company also requires that all employees perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws. Role model and demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Shift: 6am-230pm Tuesday-Saturday
Starting Wage: $16.48 – $17.24
Essential Job Functions:
- Install and repair plumbing.
- Maintain electrical systems.
- Maintain ventilation system.
- Install, repair and replace racking.
- Maintain doors.
- Maintain shipping/receiving dock equipment.
- Inspect and evaluate roof structure.
- Weld, cut, design and repair aluminum and steel structures and devises.
- Repair and maintain hydraulic systems, air compressors, fire system.
- Perform preventative maintenance and repairs on lift trucks.
- Repair other equipment as needed.
- Repair and maintain battery chargers and batteries, keeping them in working condition.
- Maintain tuggers, carts, pallet jacks, sweepers, scrubbers, and fork lift attachments.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to work weekends.
- Ability to work overtime.
- Ability to work any shift.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Familiarity with distribution center terms and processes.
- Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks/projects.
- Ability to work within set time frames and fixed deadlines.
- Familiarity with industry/technical terms and processes.
- Ability and willingness to continue education, as necessary.
- Ability to operate the following special equipment, machinery, and/or special tools: hand truck, hand and power pallet jack, power lift equipment (Company will train).
- Valid driver’s license.
- Limited Maintenance Industrial license.
Desired Previous Job Experience
- High school education or general education degree (GED) plus two years experience in plumbing, blueprint reading, general building maintenance, hydraulic and electrical experience; four years in electric or gas fork lift repair, or equivalent combination of education and experience
To apply for this job please visit jobs.kroger.com.