Website Valero Renewable
Responsible for managing all aspects of environmental, health and safety, and regulatory compliance.
- Participates in objective setting, plan development and performance review of plant performance.
- Ensures all plant modifications receive appropriate permitting approval in timely manner to support construction schedule.
- Ensures systems are in place to provide complete compliance with all regulations.
- Ensures training systems provide proper platform to promote ever increasing standards for safe work execution. Writes monthly reports on accomplishments, gaps and improvement plan progress.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable regulations and permits under OSHA (including PSM), EPA, DENR, TTB, FRA and any other non-financial regulating body.
- Works with plant leadership team to implement changes that increase performance in all EH&S areas.
- Maintains relationships with all regulatory contacts.
- Ensures all required compliance audits are performed, gaps are communicated and deficiency plans are developed and implemented
REQUIREMENTS / PREFERENCES
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in Engineering, Safety or Environmental Sciences required.
- 10 years of overall work experience in operating industrial facility required.
- Experience with state pollution control standards preferred.
- 5 years experience in a Health, Safety, or Environmental role working in an industrial facility subject to OSHA 1910 and applicable EPA regulations or comparable experience required.