Christian Care Retirement Community
Christian Care Retirement Community
Position: Housekeeping Aide
Department: Hospitality Services
Reports to: Hospitality Services Director
Supervises: N/A _______________________________________________________________________
Scope of Position:
The overall purpose of the Housekeeping Aide position is to perform scheduled housekeeping tasks as may be assigned by the Hospitality Services Director. This position requires mopping, sweeping, dusting, washing windows, vacuuming and/or shampooing carpets, arranging furniture, etc., and generally cleaning furniture, stairwells, equipment, fixtures, hardware and equipment.
- High school education or equivalent is preferred.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language.
- Experience in institutional housekeeping is helpful
- Experience in the use of floor-care equipment is helpful
- Uses proper chemicals, tools and equipment to perform day-to-day housekeeping functions as assigned.
- Clean/polish furnishings, fixtures, ledges, room heating/cooling units, etc., in resident rooms, office, recreational, and common areas daily as instructed.
- Thoroughly clean, wash, and sanitize bathrooms including polishing of bathroom fixtures. Assure that water marks are removed from fixtures.
- Cleans windows and mirrors in resident rooms, office, recreational, and common areas.
- Clean floors using appropriate method (sweep, damp/wet mop, disinfecting, etc.)
- Assure that appropriate caution/safety signs are properly placed and removed.
- Clean carpets to include vacuuming, spotting, deodorizing, disinfecting, and extracting.
- Clean walls and ceilings by washing, wiping, dusting, spot cleaning, disinfecting, deodorizing, etc.
- Empties trash containers, replaces liners as appropriate and disposes of trash in proper receptacles.
- Assure that assigned areas are clean and that equipment, tools, supplies, etc. are properly stored at all times. Inform Supervisor when supplies are needed
- Discard infectious waste into appropriate containers.
- Report all concerns and/or complaints made by a resident or their family members to the Director of Hospitality Services Director or Administrator.
- Attend department staff meetings scheduled to assist in identifying and correcting problem areas and/or the improvement of service.
- Comply with work assignments to expedite work.
- Participate in the development, maintenance and implementation of the facility’s Quality Assurance Program for the Housekeeping Department
- Assure that infection control, universal precautions, and isolation precautions are practiced when performing housekeeping procedures.
- Follow established policies governing the use and disposal of personal protective equipment.
- Has reviewed and understands the facility’s Policies and Procedures for Abuse
- Prevention and knows the employee’s responsibility to enforce it.
- Performs other reasonably related tasks as assigned.
- Report hazardous conditions and/or equipment to the Hospitality Services Director
- Follow all safety procedures including fire, tornado, and evacuation.
- Attends in-service, educational, and on-the-job training programs as directed.
- Maintain the confidentiality of resident information.
- Honor the resident’s personal and property rights
- Knock before entering resident’s room.
- May be required to communicate via telephone and verbally in conversation with different levels of staff, residents and their families and any outside customers
- The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Frequently required to sit, stand, bend, and walk.
- Required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and peripheral vision and depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents.
- Consistent and regular attendance. May be required to work weekends, holidays or other shifts.
- Must function independently, have work flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively and harmoniously with residents, family members and co-workers in a person centered care environment.
- Ability to communicate with Housekeeping personnel and other department personnel.
- Is subject to exposure of infectious waste and disease, including, but not limited to the AIDS (HIV) and Hepatitis B viruses.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to blood or other body fluids, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Is subject to falls, burns from equipment, odors, and interruptions throughout the work day.
Job Description Review:
I understand the job description, its requirements, and that I am expected to complete all duties an assigned. I understand that job duties may be altered from these duties. I have noted below any accommodation that are required to enable me to perform these duties. I further understand that my employment is at-will and thereby understand that my employment can be terminated at-will by the facility or myself and that such termination can be made with or without notice.
Employee’s Signature Date
Supervisor’s Signature Date
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com