Website Christian Care Retirement Community
Open Position – Infection Prevention Coordinator
Scope of Position
The purpose of the Infection Prevention Coordinator (IPC) is to ensure federal, state, and other governing entity regulations are being followed at Christian Care, thus protecting the health of residents and team members.
- Valid, Free and Clear Indiana Nursing
- Experience in a long term care facility is
- 1-2 year’s experience with infection prevention is
- Strong written and oral communication
- Ability to observe, correct and educate team members on proper infection prevention regulations and
- Coordinate infection prevention education and training for team members with
- Conduct infection control
- Oversee COVID reporting and
- Attend weekly update calls from ISDH, CMS, CDC,
- Oversee COVID Vaccinations, testing, and contact
- Provide updates to family members & team members on required metrics each week and as needed.
- Oversee annual vaccinations for all residents and team
- Track illnesses among team members and residents.
- Participate in QAPI and the Safety
- All other duties as assigned. Position Details
- Hours will vary on an as needed basis, but will require a minimum of 24 hours a week with the possibility of up to 40 hours a week during COVID outbreak
- Hours will be determined on county/facility COVID positivity rates and
- This position will be able to work remotely part of the time, but will be required to be on site to conduct audits and organize COVID testing,
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com