Website Perma Column
If you like to work with steel, join the team that is changing post-frame construction! Perma-Column manufactures industry-leading building products with American-made steel. As an employee-owned business, we offer fantastic benefits and a positive work environment.
The Inventory Coordinator will be responsible for several routine functions at the manufacturing plant including cycle counts, purchased materials ordering, and production planning.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works with the management team to provide production schedule planning and communication
- Organizes and schedules daily/weekly workflow for the operation.
- Looks ahead to newly completed shipping schedule workload.
- Establishes and maintains inventory for the facility through direct purchase order placement and coordination with established vendors.
- Takes care of internally produced item inventory ordering, cycle counts, and inventory corrections
- Learns Office Manager job duties in order to be in a backup/training role
- Exhibits customer service focus with an emphasis on quality and timeliness.
- Performs analysis and adheres to established inventory value and turns standards.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- College coursework completed or equivalent work experience as an inventory planner and/or materials purchaser, preferably in the construction industry.
- Minimum 3 years of experience required, maintaining inventories and manufacturing processes such as scheduling through ERP/MRP system input and manipulation is a plus.
- Post frame construction industry experience highly desired
- Proven process improvement efforts and results achieved
- Promotes teamwork and demonstrates natural leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational planning skills
- Ability to work on your feet as required
- Willingness to work regular overtime and off-hours as needed.
- Microsoft Office skills including Outlook E-mail, Word, and Excel
- Displays accountability, dedication and enthusiasm to manage plant inventories as if it is your own small company
- Excellent medical/dental/prescription coverage
- Life Insurance
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick time
- 401K Opportunity
- ESOP Retirement Program which makes you an owner of the company
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.