Website Peyton's Northern Distribution Center
At Kroger, we are looking for talented and engaged individuals with a passion to Feed the Human Spirit. We need individuals who will share in our goal to being friendly and caring, and to make sure that everything we do is Fresh for Everyone in our communities. Our employees are leaders who are committed to personifying Our Promise of Everyone Friendly and Caring, Everything Fresh, to Uplift in Every Way and to Improve Every Day.
The Peyton’s Northern Distribution Center, is a proud member of the nation-wide Kroger Family of Companies. We are currently looking for a Maintenance Mechanic Automation – 3rd Shift – to become a part of our Team. Peyton’s Northern Distribution Center is located in Bluffton Indiana. We are proud to be Wells County’s largest employer.
Why you’ll love working with us:
- Competitive Wages
- Excellent health benefit package
- 401k/Roth Options
- Paid time off (vacation, holidays, health & wellness days, and personal days)
- Paid sick leave
- Employee discounts at Kroger and Kroger Banner stores
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts with cell phone providers, computer companies, travel organizations and more!
- Advancement potential in a fast-growing industry. Come for a job. Stay for a career
Responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of the distribution center’s automation equipment and automated selection system. Performs error and fault corrections, preventative and predictive maintenance on such equipment and systems. Trains supporting operations and maintenance staff to perform troubleshooting and minor corrective actions to maintain production.
The company also requires that all employees perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws. Role model and demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Shift: 10:00pm to 8:30 am Tuesday – Friday
Starting Wage: $16.40 – $18.00 plus Shift Differential
Essential Job Functions:
- Conduct scheduled preventative and predictive tasks, identifies and repairs mechanical, electrical, electronic malfunctions.
- Coordinate preventative maintenance tasks with Maintenance planning and operations
- Utilize technical software systems to maintain the appropriate maintenance records for the distribution center’s automated systems.
- Provide technical support to Maintenance and Operations associates
- Assist in maintaining repair, inspection records
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Associates degree or equivalent experience in Industrial Maintenance in a distribution environment.
- Excellent technical aptitude and skills, computer literacy, experience with control hardware, programmable controllers and material handling systems.
- Ability to read, analyze and apply complex technical data
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with internal and external customers.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and consistently meet deadlines and schedules
- Ability to continually upgrade technical skills and remain current with industry trends
- Willingness to work varied schedules to meet business needs.
Desired Previous Job Experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years related work experience dealing with programmable controllers, motor to motor controls, electrical and mechanical troubleshooting and predictive and preventative maintenance on automated selection systems.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.kroger.com.