Website WEG Commercial Motors
Title: Mechanical Engineer Intern
Department: Engineering Department
Reports to: Engineering Supervisor
Founded in 1961, WEG has grown into a global solutions provider of industrial electrical technologies. WEG is the largest industrial electric motor manufacturer in the Americas and one of the largest manufacturers of electric motors in the world producing more than 21 million units annually.
Committed to growth on a global scale, WEG continually invests in state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities and processes and the development of new and improved industrial electrical solutions. WEG offers a diverse and integrated product line that includes motors, drives, soft starters, controls, panels, transformers, generators, and custom solutions.
The Mechanical Engineer Intern will participate as a valuable member of the engineering team at WEG by working directly with the engineering staff in all activities related to design and develop electric motors, taking in consideration customer specifications and manufacturing capabilities. This is a paid internship that requires a minimum commitment of 2 semesters and 20 hours preferred, per week. The intern will work with the engineering team doing a variety of tasks related to the development of electric motors for a wide range of applications and the redesign of engineering systems and processes. This position will provide the opportunity to learn the real-world application of many software tools such as SolidWorks, AutoCAD, DraftSight, Ansys and Microsoft Office. This position will report to a full-time engineer at WEG. Salary based on experience.
- Participate as a multidisciplinary engineering team member;
- Learn existing engineering systems;
- Assist with redesign of existing engineering systems and processes;
- Assist with design of new product information systems;
- Attend and participate in team meetings as required;
- Work with many types of product information.
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Actively enrolled in a technical field of study (Mechanical engineering) and, either in or entering, your Junior or Senior year;
- Attention to details;
- knowledge in Microsoft office software applications.
- Intern will be assigned to the Bluffton location:
WEG Commercial Motors
410 E. Spring Street, Bluffton, IN – 46714
WEG Commercial Motors is an equal opportunity employer.