Website Valero Renewable
Implements the quality assurance (QA/QC) program for the ethanol plant to ensure maximum production quantity and quality, while supporting the policies, goals, and objectives of the company.
- Assists in implementing plant QA/QC program.
- Implements plant QA/QC program based on best practice in the ethanol industry by sampling various points in the process and conducting QA/QC tests.
- Monitors use and inventories of laboratory chemicals and supplies.
- Operates, maintains, and calibrates laboratory equipment.
- Reviews reports, analyzes data and makes recommendations for adjusting process conditions to ensure that QA/QC standards are met.
- Maintains safety, health and environmental policies and procedures.
- Ensures city, county, state, and federal regulations relating to the QA/QC laboratory are met at all times.
- Participates in the safety program for the QA/QC laboratory.
- Assists in coordinating activities with other departments.
- Communicates directly with production department to ensure effective participation by the process operators in the implementation of QA/QC policies and procedures.
- Implements programs and procedures required to ensure laboratory and plant cleanliness.
This position is hourly nonexempt status, which means you are eligible for overtime pay.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related scientific or technical field preferred.
- Minimum of one year experience in a laboratory setting required.
- Experience with implementing effective QA/QC programs preferred.
- Experience operating and troubleshooting automated laboratory equipment (such as HPLC or GC) preferred.
- Experience with software programs such as Office, LIMS, SAP preferred.
- Experience with the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) preferred.
Experience Valero’s Exceptional Benefits!
- Competitive Pay
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage (starts day 1)
- 7% 401(k) Employer Match
- Discretionary Annual Bonus
- 3% Discretionary Profit Sharing
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- Company-Supplied Uniforms
To apply for this job please visit www.valero.com.