Website Peyton's Northern Distribution Center
At Kroger, we are looking for talented and engaged individuals with a passion to Feed the Human Spirit. We need individuals who will share in our goal to being friendly and caring, and to make sure that everything we do is Fresh for Everyone in our communities. Our employees are leaders who are committed to personifying Our Promise of Everyone Friendly and Caring, Everything Fresh, to Uplift in Every Way and to Improve Every Day.
The Peyton’s Northern Distribution Center, is a proud member of the nation-wide Kroger Family of Companies. We are currently looking for a 3rd Shift Receiving Associate to become a part of our Team. Peyton’s Northern Distribution Center is located in Bluffton Indiana. We are proud to be Wells County’s largest employer.
Why you’ll love working with us:
- Competitive Wages
- Excellent health benefit package
- 401k/Roth Options
- Paid time off (vacation, holidays, health & wellness days, and personal days)
- Paid sick leave
- Employee discounts at Kroger and Kroger Banner stores
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts with cell phone providers, computer companies, travel organizations and more!
- Advancement potential in a fast-growing industry. Come for a job. Stay for a career
Responsible for verifying and keeping records on incoming shipments and route to processing areas.
The company also requires that all employees perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws. Role model and demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
1st Shift Receiving; $14.00
Essential Job Functions:
- Receive merchandise and routes to processing areas.
- Match merchandise to purchase orders.
- Examine incoming shipments; rejects damaged items; records shortages; corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
- Input freight bill into computer.
- Operate lift truck.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense and understanding in order to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to work weekends on a frequent basis.
- Ability to work overtime on a regular basis.
- Ability to work any shift.
- Familiarity with distribution center terms and processes.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks/projects.
- Ability to operate the following special equipment, machinery, and/or special tools: fork lift, pallet jack (Company will train).
Desired Previous Job Experience
- High school education or general education degree (GED) plus six months distribution center experience and six months order filler experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.kroger.com.