Website Biggs Property Management
The Regional Manager Supervisor (“RMS”) provides direction and leadership directly to BPM’s Regional Property Managers, indirectly to the onsite Property Managers, and assists in the hiring, training, and evaluation of these employees.
The RMS will ensure BPM’s policies, procedures and practices are followed by effectively leading the Regional Managers in overseeing our diverse portfolio. In addition, the RMS will be responsible for monitoring the portfolio’s budgeted financial goals and achieve operational performance objectives.
BPM’s portfolio is comprised of properties financed with diverse funding streams including LIHTC, Project Based Section 8, USDA Rural Development, HOME Program and other affordable income restricted/low-income housing financing.
This position reports directly to the Director of Development & Operations.
- Oversee, hire, train, motivate and supervise on-site staff.
- Conduct monthly financial reviews and reports on each asset in the assigned portfolio with the Finance/Accounting Team.
- Responsible for reviewing occupancy and vacancy report with Regional Managers and making recommendation for improving operations.
- Monitor compliance requirements, status reporting, and documentation deadlines for all applicable affordable housing programs and regularly communicate and review those requirements and deadlines to the Regional Managers.
- Assist and oversee Regional Managers with management and occupancy reviews and preparation for compliance audits.
- Responsible for working collaboratively with Marketing & Communications Coordinator for the advertising and marketing programs.
- Coordinate and oversee onsite spot reviews to ensure efficient resident and property files are being kept.
- Monitor, assist, and make recommendations to improve marketing activities; reviews occupancy status; recommends rent schedules.
- Work with Regional Managers to resolve resident relation issues, as needed
- Assist in coordinating the preparation of annual operating and capital budgets.
- Monitor and make recommendations on budget performance and prepares monthly summary reports.
- Track receivables and work with Regional Manager regarding renting/vacancy and collections/evictions.
- Ensure overall timely and accurate reporting for the portfolio from both the Regional and Property Managers.
- Regularly visit site offices, inspects field operations and reviews periodic reports from Regional Managers and Property Managers to determine progress of occupancy and compliance requirements.
- Monitor and ensure adherence to all policies and procedures related to compliance.
- Assist in developing corrective programs for properties, when needed.
- Train and ensure Regional Managers and Property Managers are utilizing property management software efficiently.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Embracing and exemplifying BPM’s core values and incorporating them into every task performed and every interaction with clients, supervisors, team members, colleagues, residents, vendors, etc.
- Must possess proven track record of successful regional property management experience and knowledge of property maintenance, property marketing, and insurance.
- Must have strong supervisory, personnel management and organizational skills.
- Ability to delegate and communicate property management methods.
- Ability to independently establish priorities, manage time effectively, and fulfill assigned objectives and projects.
- Ability to respond to and resolve unexpected problems and handle priority changes in a fast-moving, fluid environment.
- Ability to coach and lead onsite staff
- Ability to develop strong professional relationships with customers and vendors.
- Demonstrated understanding of property operations with emphasis on lease terms and contract enforcement, including collections.
- Positive influencing, interpersonal and communication skills are essential as a leader and mentor to your team.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and sustain relationships
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentations skills.
- Must have a strong business acumen, and strong influencing and negotiation skills.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and follow up skills.
- Ability to work well under deadlines in a changing environment and perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a collaborative team-oriented environment using sound judgment in decision-making.
- Ability to manage confidential and sensitive information with discretion.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar leadership role, within a Property Management environment.
- High School diploma or equivalency certificate required. College degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education and work experience in the field of property management.
- Ability to manage effective teams and develop strategic solutions.
- Knowledge of financial management.
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Must have outstanding leadership, supervisory and staff development skills
- Strong technical skills and knowledge of property operating systems
- Must be decisive and results oriented
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and out-of-the-box for innovative approaches to operations
- Ability to drive and travel
Additional requirements for Affordable Housing properties:
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience with affordable housing programs including but not limited to: LIHTC, HUD programs (Project Based Section 8, HOME/NSP), USDA-Rural Development (515),
- Affordable Housing Accreditation (HCCP, C3P, etc.) or other applicable designations in affordable programs is preferred at the time of hire but will be expected to be achieved within 6-months after successful hire.
- Knowledge of Fair Housing policies
- Experience using OneSite/Yardi software for property management.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $1.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Decatur, IN 46733: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Property management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Supervising: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.