Website Strick Trailers, LLC
This position is responsible for fabricating and assembling sheet metal parts for control house buildings
- Wages start at $16.15; at 6 months $16.65; at 1 year $18.15. Will advance to $20.15
- Employees are considered for advancement opportunities to increase pay as skills are developed
- Lay-out and examine metal stock or work pieces to be processed to ensure that specifications are met.
- Study engineering shop drawings, blueprints, work orders and production schedules to determine specifications such as materials to be used, dimensions and tolerances.
- Set up and operate fabricating machines, such as brake presses, shears, saws and plasma tables.
- Measure completed work pieces to verify conformance to specifications, using gauges, calipers, templates, or tape measures.
- Install, align, and lock/flip specified punches, dies, or other fixtures in rams or bed of brake press, using hand tools.
- Clean and lubricate machines.
- Sweep and organize work areas.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Ability to learn the assembly process to fabricate materials for each department within the requirements.
- Ability to interpret blue prints and drawings.
- Mathematical skills such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, fractions and using a tape measure.
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with individuals at all organizational levels.
- Ability to conduct self in a respectful and appropriate manner.
- Ability to safely perform tasks and produce a quality product in an efficient and productive manner to meet schedule.
- Ability to reason and apply principles of logic to a wide range of factors when monitoring and working on jobs.
- Being reliable, responsible and dependable.
- Being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Ability to work in a heavy manufacturing environment requiring awkward stances and positions such as stooping, crouching, twisting, and reaching for periods of time throughout a 10 hour day.
- Ability to stand and walk for majority of a 10 hour day, bend, lift and carry awkward sized product, up to 70 pounds throughout the day; push or pull product up to 75 pounds several times per shift.
Experience: Must have experience using fabrication machines like brake presses, shears, and saws.
All Employees on our team will be eligible for the following benefits:
- A 4-day work week, Monday through Thursday 6:00 am to 4:30 pm
- Profit Sharing
- 401K, with employer match
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance beginning the first of the month after 60 days
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- 10 Paid Holidays; Paid Vacation; Paid Person Time
- Be able to work in the United States
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be able to perform frequent lifting, bending, and standing for extended periods of time
- Must successfully complete prior required testing based on the job skills need for the position
- Must successfully complete a physical evaluation, drug screen and background check prior to beginning work
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org